Please note that the kit does not include the pattern. You can purchase a copy here.
The Orla's Vine Kits will begin shipping on May 22nd, 2020.
I remember seeing the pattern for Orla’s Vine by the talented Carina Spencer when it was published in 2018. I was so intrigued with the stitch pattern that I purchased the pattern immediately. I finally got around to making my own Orla’s Vine a couple of months ago with our Woolens yarn and I really fell in love with perfectly-sized the textured cowl. I asked Carina if we could make a kit for her cowl and she said yes! Thank you, Carina, I am such a fan of your beautiful work.
One thing I really love is that Carina has an excellent instructional video on YouTube that shows how to do the vine stitch pattern that is very helpful. Click here to see the video The video is linked in the pattern for convenience. I really enjoyed knitting the stitch pattern and once you get the hang of it, you’ll have it memorized quickly. The cowl is the perfect size to throw on at this time of year when it is still a little chilly and it will tuck perfectly into my coat in the colder months. It’s very versatile.Here is a little information straight from Carina on the Orla’s Vine Cowl:
"This little snack of a cowl is an ode to Irish designer Orla Kiely’s iconic leaf design. Knit in sport weight wool, the vining stitch pattern creates a dense fabric that stands up nicely for just a touch of warmth and pop of pattern! It’s a quick, addictive, and highly customizable knit – perfect for gifting!"
The kit includes enough of our Woolens yarn to make one cowl. Each kit has a main color and three contrast colors. We have several kit colorway choices available. On Susan's version for the sample, she did 10 rounds of the rib at each the top and bottom edges.
- Birdie (pink) MC, Earthen (brown) CC1, Belle (rose) CC2, and Terrarium (mossy green) CC3.
- Loam (dark gray) MC, Garland (dark green) CC1, October Road (rusty orange) CC2, and Pound Cake (yellow) CC3.
- Thimble (light gray) MC, Loch (dark teal) CC1, Pound Cake (yellow) CC2, and Vine (green) CC3.
I know you’ll enjoy this project as much as I did! It’s small in size, really satisfying and it would make such a great gift.
The Kit Includes:
- Two full skeins of our Woolens sport weight in the main color and corresponding mini-skeins in the contrast colors. There are three choices for the main color: Birdie (pink), Loam (dark gray), and Thimble (light gray).
- Please note that the kit does not include the pattern. You can purchase a copy here.
- Your kit will come packed in a printed cotton project bag.