I went back to the original Little Hearts free pattern that I did a few years ago on the BWC Journal and instead of using the Home Worsted yarn, I substituted in our Woolens sport weight wool to make some new hearts. I had given all of the old hearts away. Using the Woolens created some super-sweet and wooly hearts. They are so charming and I am loving the fresh look.
For the Woolens Hearts, I used the exact same pattern and a US size 4 double-pointed needles. I also used the Kitchener stitch to close off the tops of the heart instead of pulling the end through the remaining stitches. I made a little video of me doing this if you’re interested. I posted it on our Barrett Wool Co. YouTube Channel.
I also made a video of the trickiest part of this pattern when you divide the stitches and how to stuff and finish the heart. It’s all really not too difficult once you get it down.
Each Woolens Little Heart uses only about 2 grams of yarn.
We pulled together some fun Valentine-y colors for our new version of the Little Hearts Kits.
Here is the scoop on the Little Hearts Kits:
- The kits include a cut length of white baker’s twine and the option to include a pair Red or Fuschia Heart Scissors or a pair of Red Putford scissors. If included with the kit, the scissors are discounted $2.00 off the regular price.
- The pattern is available for free on the BWC Journal, it is also posted on Ravelry. We are also sending out a pdf download in a separate email to all kit purchasers. There will be a delay for when you receive the email with the download so don't worry, it is coming!
- The Little Hearts Kits include six 50g skeins of Woolens in Thistle, Door County, Birdie, Belle, Fig, and Thulian. You get a 10% discount off of the yarn for purchasing the kit so it is a good deal!
The pattern is free on the BWC Journal and I’ve updated it to include the instructions for the Woolens hearts. Click here for the pattern!
The Kit Includes:
- Full skeins of Woolens sport weight in Door County (red), Birdie (light pink), Thistle (dusty purple), Fig (purple), Belle (rose), and Thulian (coral).
- An optional pair of Red or Fuschia Heart Scissors (please note that the pink scissors in the photo are lighter than the Fuschia scissors for the kit) or the Red Putford Scissors.
- A cut length of white baker's twine.
- A PDF copy of the Little Hearts pattern. This will be emailed to all kit purchasers after checkout.