- This kit is a pre-order and will begin shipping around the end of October/ early November.
- The Love Owls pattern is exclusive to Making Magazine No. 10 / Intricate until April 2021. The pattern can only be found in this issue of the magazine at this time. If you order the kit without the magazine, you will not receive the pattern.
I don’t know how else to say it but I am pretty sure this is the best issue of Making yet! It literally glows in a golden lighted hue, the projects are stunning from front to back and the cover and photography inside the pages are completely mesmerizing. The team at Making literally hit it out of the park.
I am so honored to have a sweet project included. The project is called Love Owls. Here is my introduction to the project:
“I love the idea of a simple base that is then embellished to look intricate. That’s exactly what I did with the Love Owls. The body and head of the owls couldn’t be simpler. Then with each addition to the base - which is either picked and knit on or embroidered - the owl really comes to life. I hope you let your own creativity shine as you take this easy owl shape and make it your own, as simple or intricate as you like!”
We have Love Owl Kits to go along with the Intricate issue when it is released. The kits include enough of our Home Worsted Weight yarn in Picket Fence (creamy white), Humble Gold, and Stationery (gray + oatmeal combined), to make one of each of the two owls, the white wool felt for the eyes and black thread for the eye embroidery. The pattern is ONLY available in the magazine right now.
We have an option to add the gorgeous Love Owl Tape Measure (see the photos below), it's a custom creation for BWC by the lovely Alison Kaplan of Kata Golda. It's absolutely beautiful with the loveliest hand stitching.
Today’s pre-order is for Making No. 10 / Intricate and our Love Owls Kits with options to add the Making Magazine No. 10 and the Love Owl Tape Measure. We are taking $2.00 off the regular price for the tape measure when ordered with the kit.
You can also order Making No. 10 / Intricate individually and the Love Owl Tape Measure individually.
Please Read! Estimated Shipping Date: We don't have an exact date as of yet. Our estimation is that we will be able to ship the kits and magazines by the end of October/early November. We will provide updates when it comes closer.
The Kit Includes:
- Enough yarn in our Home Worsted Weight to make both Love Owls. You will receive Picket Fence (white), Humble Gold (yellow), and Stationery (oatmeal+gray) in your kit.
- An optional copy of Making No. 10 / Intricate. Please Note: The Love Owls pattern in an exclusive with Making Magazine until April 2021. The pattern can only be found in the magazine right now.
- An optional handcrafted Love Owl Tape Measure created by Kata Golda.
- A cut square of white felt for the eyes.
- A cut length of black thread for the eye embroidery.