Please note: The Birkin pattern is NOT included but can be purchased directly from Caitlin Hunter by clicking right here.
You are going to love knitting this sweater in our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight. The finished sweater is light as a feather and so wearable.
From Susan: My Birkin sweater is made in size M, which has a 40-inch bust. My bust measurement is 36-inches so there is about 4-inches of positive ease in the finished sweater. The only modification I made was to lengthen the sleeves. I didn't need any additional skeins to make the long sleeves. This is by far one of my most favorite knits!
Yarn amount note: For the XL size, the kit comes with the exact yardage amount recommended in the pattern. If this is a concern for you, please order the XXL size as that will give you an extra skein.
From Caitlin Hunter on Ravelry:
"The sweater is knit seamlessly in the round from the top down and the body is gently shaped into an A-line by changing needle sizes. The yoke design features a border of a delicate leaf pattern, which encases a 3-color floral motif and optional bobbles to provide subtle textural interest. The sweater has 3/4 length sleeves and a dropped back hem for a modern look.
Recommended ease: 1–5” (2.5–13 cm) of positive ease."
The Kit Includes:
- Enough skeins for your selected size in the Oats colorway of our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight.
- Four half-skeins in the Wild Plum, Hazelnut, Laurel and Penny colorways in our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight.
- A printed card showing how Susan used the colors.
- Please note that the kit does not include a copy of the pattern. The pattern can be purchased here.
- The kit comes packed in a hand-stamped cotton project bag.