What are your pattern download and shipping options and policies?
When purchasing a pattern through the Barrett Wool Co. website you can download the pattern immediately after checkout and you will also be sent an email that includes a download link. The link in the email will not expire.
All of the patterns are available for purchase on Ravelry. If purchased through Ravelry the patterns are automatically added to your pattern library. The link to our Ravelry Pattern Shop for each pattern is on the pattern page for your convenience.
All of our yarn ships from our office in Madison, Wisconsin. We try our best to ship orders within 1-3 business days (Monday-Friday) after an order is placed. All orders are shipped through USPS using either Priority or First Class services.
Can I return or exchange my order?
Of course, if you would like to return or exchange an order, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number. We will provide you with a return address once the return or exchange has been confirmed.
We accept returns or exchanges within 60 days of your order date for yarn that remains in original sale condition (unwound in skein form with tag).
What should I do if I find an error in my pattern?
While we try to do our best to ensure that our patterns are without errors, every once in awhile mistakes can slip through. If you believe that you have found an error, send us an email at email@example.com. We do update our patterns, so when a new version is available we will notify you and provide a download.
Can I expect the yarn color to match what is shown on the website?
We tried our best to accurately portray our yarn colors on our website. All product photography was done using natural lighting in an effort to keep colors looking true to life. However, due factors such as different computer monitors and settings there may be a difference in what you see and what you receive. If you have any questions on colors, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
How do I best care for my yarn?
Our yarn is made of 100% American wool. Our yarns are not chemically treated or stripped of scales for machine washing. We recommend washing your Barrett Wool Co. knits by hand and in cold water using a wool wash. It is so important to take good care of your handknits and hand washing will give you excellent results.
Here are some guidelines.
• Gently place the knitted item in the cold water along with wool wash. Never wring, agitate or scrub the item being washed. Soak the item for about 20 minutes.
• If you are using a wool wash that requires rinsing, drain the sink and add cold water for rinsing. Repeat this process until the water remains clear.
• Gently squeeze out excess water and place the item on a dry, clean towel.
• Roll the item in the towel and apply pressure to the towel to absorb moisture from the item.
RESHAPING AND DRYING
• Lay your knitted item on blocking boards or clean, dry towels on a flat surface.
• Gently shape the item how you would like it to dry. Use pins or blocking wires if desired.
• Allow the item to dry flat for as long as necessary. Sometimes flipping the item over so both sides get more air can be helpful.
When can I expect an answer to my email?
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Central time. We will get back to you as soon as we can during our hours of operation.
What if I have a question that is not answered here?
Send us an email at email@example.com. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.