Cozy Mouse Kit
I’ve been having so much fun re-working the original Cozy Mouse pattern that is being released today for individual purchase here on BWC and also on Ravelry. The pattern is discounted for the first week and is priced at only $3.50, no code needed. After that, the price will be $5.00.
The original version of the Cozy Mouse pattern was in Taproot Magazine in the Weave issue. I have taken that original design and changed some of the proportions and colors. I've added a knit-in outfit to the body that has some simple colorwork and stripes. We've also added some helpful instructional photos to the pattern, which is always a good thing! The pattern includes instructions for the mouse and the adorable separate sweater. It’s such a cozy combination.
The newly updated Cozy Mouse Kits include enough yarn for one mouse knit in our Home Fingering Weight in Tattersall (tan), and both of the contrast colors of Strawflower (blush pink) and Bluff (blue). If you’d like to make both versions of the Cozy Mouse we have included an option to add another skein of Tattersall and another set of eyes and string for the face.
Please note that the pattern is thrown into the kit for no additional cost!
Arms and legs are made first and set aside. The body is worked from the bottom up, and the appendages are added from live stitches as you go. The head is knit separately, from the center back to the nose, and then sewn onto the body. The nose bobble is also knit separately and sewn on. The ears and tail are knitted from picked-up stitches. The sweater is worked separately and in the round, from the top down.
The Kit Includes:
- Enough yarn to make one Cozy Mouse, and a coordinating sweater. The included colors are Tattersall (tan), Strawflower (blush pink) and Bluff (blue). If you would like to make two, you can add in an extra skein of Tattersall. The included yarn is in our Home Fingering Weight.
- A Ravelry download code for a copy of the Cozy Mouse Pattern is included at no additional cost.
- Black embroidery thread for the face and a pair of 6mm black safety eyes. Kits with the extra skein of Tattersall will include 2 sets of eyes and thread.
- A tin of 20 assorted color stitch markers.
- Each kit bag includes an illustrated tag by Susan.