IMPORTANT PATTERN NOTE: The pattern is not included in the kit! Please order the Cozy Toesies pattern directly from Lisa Chemery. Click here to order the pattern on Ravelry.
Shipping Note: These kits will begin shipping right away, however, we cannot guarantee that you’ll get your kit in time for Christmas or in time for knitting holiday gifts.
Included in the Cozy Toesies Kit:
* One skein of Home Bulky Twist in your colorway of choice. The colorway choices are Picket Fence Twist (creamy white), Licorice Twist (black and white), Red Flannel Twist (red and black), Peppermint Stick Twist (red and white), Bluff Twist (blue and white), Tattersall Twist (tan and white), and Folkstone Twist (dark gray and white). This is enough to make one pair of Cozy Toesies.
* A cut length of elastic for the cuff, you’ll have enough to make one pair of any of the size choices.
* 10 large ring stitch markers.
* This all comes packed in a printed cotton bag with an illustrated tag by Susan.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The largest size, Adult 2, uses 155 yards and one skein of Home Bulky Twist has 160 yards. You may need two skeins for the largest size.
Pattern Notes from Lisa Chemery:
The booties’ soles are knit flat, then stitches are picked up and worked seamlessly in the round from the sole to the cuff. A fold-over casing with elastic inside ensure that the booties will stay on the feet.
Long-tail cast-on, knitting, purling, picking up and knitting stitches, knitting in the round, increasing, decreasing, binding off, seaming (for the casing).
Toddler (Child 1, Child 2 // Adult 1, Adult 2)
To accommodate feet measuring 5.5-6.5 (6.5-7.5, 7.5-8.5 // 8.5-9.5, 9.5-10.5) inches or 14-16.5 (16.5-19, 19-21.5 // 21.5-24, 24-26.5) cm.
Corresponding (approximate) European shoe sizes: 23-26 (27-30, 31-34 // 35-38, 39-42)
Shoe size converter
Unstretched sole measurement of: 5.5 (6.5, 7.5 // 8.5, 9.5) inches or 14 (16.5, 19 // 21.5, 24) cm
Please note: These slippers are designed to be worn with 0 to 1 inch or 2.5 cm of negative ease.
14 sts x 28 rounds (i.e., 14 ridges) = 4 inches or 10 cm in garter stitch in the round using larger needles after blocking.
Please adjust your needle size if needed to achieve gauge
Set of 5 US 10 or 6 mm diameter double-pointed needles (or size needed to match garter stitch gauge) at least 8 inches or 20 cm in length , OR long circular needle of the same diameter if doing magic loop technique.
- 1 stitch marker
- tapestry needle
- a length of 1/2 inch or 13 mm elastic band for sewing. Note: Length should be ankle circumference just underneath “ankle bone”, without stretching. Suggested lengths : 7 (8, 8.5 // 9.5, 10) inches or 18 (20.5, 21.5 // 24, 25.5) cm.
- Using a leather/anti-slip sole kit is advisable as knitted slippers can be slippery.