Important Gnome Kit Shipping Information: We will begin shipping out the Gnome Kits next week but they may not make it to you until after Christmas.
The Little Gnome is only 4-inches tall which makes it both the perfect ornament size or stand-alone toy. The Gnomes are knit completely in one piece starting from the bottom to the top of the hat. The beard, ears, arms and pointy feet are picked up and knitted directly on. There is no stitching together of tiny parts required.
Note that the ears and feet are totally optional so if you feel your gnome is good to go without, it’s just as cute that way.
The new Big Gnome is 7.5-inches tall to the tip of the hat. The Big Gnome is made by using two-strands of our Home Fingering Weight held together throughout. The original Gnome pattern has been updated to include directions to make the Big Gnome at the back of the pattern.
The New Big Gnome, Little Gnome Kit includes enough yarn to make at least one Big Gnome and one Little Gnome in either the two skin tones. You will have extra to make more gnomes, too.
Our new Gnome Tape Measures are adorable! Add one to your kit if you like. The Gnome Tape Measures are all hand-stitched and made with love by Alison Kaplan. We have three versions from which to choose. Once you choose the version you’d like, the tape measure will be randomly selected within that grouping of tape measures.
The tape measures 2.5-inches wide and 3.5-inches tall.
We also have the option to add a pair of red Putford scissors to round out your kit!
The Kit Includes:
- Mini-skeins of Home Fingering Weight Picket Fence, Red flannel, Big Woods, and Bear. You will have enough yarn to make at least one Big Gnome and one original Gnome.
- An optional Gnome Tape Measure, select Version 1, 2 or 3.
- An optional pair of Red Putford Scissors.
- A Ravelry download card will come inside your kit that can be redeemed for a copy of the Gnome pattern. The pattern is included at no additional cost.
- The kit comes packaged inside a printed cotton project bag.