The pattern used for the Hen of the Woods Mittens is my Waiting for Winter Mitten & Fingerless Mitts along with the following simple modifications presented here.
The sample mittens in the photo are the Medium size or the second size in the pattern. The finished pair of mittens weighs in at 60 grams. The Hen of the Woods Mitten Kit comes with a 100-gram skein of either Home of Wisconsin Woolen Spun worsted weight. This should be enough yarn to make up to the XL size following the pattern but be sure to keep tabs if you go larger in size.
The Kit Includes:
- One skein of either Home or Wisconsin Woolen Spun worsted weight. This is enough to make one pair of adult-sized mittens and a couple of pairs of child-sized mittens depending on the size.
- The color choices of Home yarns are Red Flannel (Red), Pepin (Purple) or Scout (Teal).
- The color choices of Wisconsin Woolen Spun are Jam (Red), Rain Shower (Light Gray) or Laurel (Green).
- An optional BWC Ring Stitch Marker Set with To-Go-Ring in the small size. These sets are $2.00 off their normal price exclusively for this kit.
- Optional Ravelry download code for both the original Waiting for Winter Mittens and Fingerless Mitts and the Little Waiting for Winter Mittens. The patterns are sized from baby to adult XL.
- A printed page of instructions for adding bobble texture to your Waiting for Winter Mittens. These instructions and a video tutorial can also be found on the Journal by Clicking Here.
- The kit comes packaged in a hand stamped natural cotton project bag.