I love the idea of a simple base that is then embellished to look intricate. That’s exactly what I did with the Love Owls. The body and head of the owls couldn’t be simpler. Then with each addition to the base - which is either picked and knit on or embroidered - the owl really comes to life. I hope you let your own creativity shine as you take this easy owl shape and make it your own, as simple or intricate as you like!
The kits include enough of our Home Worsted Weight yarn in Picket Fence (creamy white), Humble Gold, and Stationery (gray + oatmeal combined), to make one of each of the two owls, the white wool felt for the eyes and black thread for the eye embroidery.
We have an option to add the gorgeous Love Owl Tape Measure (see the photos below), it's a custom creation for BWC by the lovely Alison Kaplan of Kata Golda. It's absolutely beautiful with the loveliest hand stitching
The Kit Includes:
- Enough yarn in our Home Worsted Weight to make both Love Owls. You will receive Picket Fence (white), Humble Gold (yellow), and Stationery (oatmeal+gray) in your kit.
- A Ravelry download code for the Love Owls pattern. This will come on a printed card inside your kit. You do not need a Ravelry account to use this code.
- An optional handcrafted Love Owl Tape Measure created by Kata Golda.
- A cut square of white felt for the eyes.
- A cut length of black thread for the eye embroidery.