More kits coming soon! Please sign up for an email notice if interested.
The brand new Panda pattern and kits have just been released and this is truly one of my favorite designs. I’ve only designed one other panda and it was a hand puppet found in my book Itty-Bitty Toys. I was excited to revisit this character after over 10 years. I feel like the new Panda has a sense of humor for some reason, maybe it’s the sweet expression or the size. Panda is a larger size than most of my recent designs, measuring in at close to 12-inches in length including the legs. And of course, the hooded cardigan makes everything cozy and charming.
The toy is worked completely seamlessly and in the round, and really, it is quite simple as far as toy-knitting goes. Panda is worked from the bottom-up. There are purl bump markers added along the way for the placement of the arms, legs, ears, and tail. I tell you the exact stitches to place the safety eyes and where to place the face embroidery. The hooded cardigan is worked separately, and seamlessly from the top-down. I’ve included many photo tutorials in the pattern to help you along the way.
Panda is a joy to knit! I think you’re going to fall in love with this project.
Please note that the kit does not include the buttons. We have the Heart Buttons on order and they will be in the Mercantile around late July.
- Three skeins of Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight in Inkwell (black), and Birch (white) and Red Flannel in Home Fingering Weight. You will receive enough yarn to make one Panda and one Hooded Cardigan.
- A pair of black 6mm safety eyes with backings.
- A Ravelry download code for the Panda pattern.
- A tin of 20 assorted color stitch markers.
- Your kit will come packed in a hand-stamped natural cotton bag.