Rag Jackrabbit Kit
With the theme of desert in mind, I began looking up desert animals. What I found is that there is a surprising variety of animals out there in desert-land. There are many you’d never think would live in that hot, sandy, and dry environment. The animal that most caught my eye was the desert hare, which I didn’t know existed. To me, the most notable feature of the desert hare is the large bunny-style ears that stick straight up. I kind of love those ears. So I have designed a palm-sized rabbit, in muted, marled desert shades and with those same adorable ears. Since I combined two colors of yarn to give a dusty, marled, or what is sometimes called a rag look to the knitted fabric, I aptly named the pattern Rag Jackrabbit.
- Four perfectly sized skeins of Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight in the following colors: Birch, Oats, Quaker Gray and Hawthorn. This is enough yarn to make at least one of each of the three rabbits shown.
- Ravelry download code for the Rag Jackrabbit pattern.
- A cut length of Strawflower Home Fingering Weight for the nose and black thread for the eyes and mouth.
- A tin of 20 assorted color stitch markers.
- Your kit will come packed in a printed cotton project bag.