Due to popular demand, the Three French Hens Kits are now in stock! These pint-size chickens couldn't be any more fun to knit with a super-simple "woven" colorwork pattern included.
The Hens are knit from the bottom-up in one piece and then right up through the crown on top. The beak is picked up and knit on. All that's left is the loopy tail and a straight stitch or two for the eyes. And you are done!
I hope you enjoy making your own Three French Hens!
The Kit Includes:
- Three skeins of Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight, one of each in Birch, Jam and Inkwell. Each skein is approximately 2 oz. This is enough yarn to make all three of the hens shown in the photo which weigh 35 grams each.
- Hand-stamped natural cotton bag.
- Tin of 20 assorted colored stitch markers.
- A cut length of black thread for face embroidery.
- Purchase the kit with or without a Ravelry download code for the Three French Hens pattern. The code will come on a printed card packaged inside your kit.