Toadstool Doll & Leaf Set Kits
When Amanda Soule, the editor in chief of Taproot Magazine, asked if I’d like to contribute to the Tend issue of the magazine. I jumped at the chance. I absolutely love Taproot and Amanda, for that matter. I had just been reading Elsa Beskow’s Children of the Forest and the characters in her book completely inspired me. This would make a fun book and knit gift combination.
Here is the little introduction I wrote for the magazine:
"When my kids were little I used to love how they would care for their dolls. I especially loved when they would put the dolls to bed, tucking them in carefully and quietly. They would let the dolls sleep for a mere second or two, wake them up, and then go through the process again. This sweet little Toadstool Doll and Leaf set offers many such opportunities for imaginative play.”
I think you will just love this little doll and leaf set. It is the sweetest. The doll is made in one piece, the toadstool hat is made separately and whipstitched on, and the little dress is made separately in one piece. The leaf bed is and simple garter stitch. You will love how quickly this little project works up.
We have pulled together some beautiful kits for you today to make your own Toadstool Doll & Leaf Set. The yarn is our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight in the colors Jam, Quaker Gray, Birch and Laurel and you get enough to make two dolls and two leaves. The pattern is only available in Taproot magazine right now. The magazine is optional with the purchase of the kit in case you already subscribe. The magazines are available in the mercantile for individual purchase here.
The Kit Includes:
- Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight in Jam, Quaker Gray, Birch and Laurel. You will have enough yarn to make two dolls and two leaves.
- An optional copy of Taproot Magazine Issue 32::TEND. Please note that the pattern is only available in this issue of Taproot at this time.
- A cut length of black thread for face embroidery.
- A tin of 20 assorted color stitch markers.
- Your kit will come packed inside a hand-stamped natural cotton bag.