Shipping Note: The Alpaca Kits will begin shipping on May 29th, 2020.
I’ve been waiting for the day when we can release the Alpaca Kits and Pattern for the design and class I created for Knit Stars 4.0! And today is that day. It’s so fun to have a new pattern out in the world. We have created adorable Alpaca Kits for the seamlessly knit toy and the sweet blanket with pom-pom ties, which is worked separately in garter stitch stripes. I love this project!
The Alpaca Kits include enough of our Home Worsted Weight, in the creamy natural white color called Picket Fence, to make one Alpaca. You also get three colors, Red Flannel, Marmalade, and Humble Gold, to make a blanket with ties and pom-poms. We include a Ravelry pattern download code at no extra cost to you. The pattern code is included on a printed card inside the project bag. You also get safety eyes and black thread for the embroidery.
The Alpaca pattern is very detailed with step-by-step instructions and photo tutorials along the way. I have an older video tutorial for the Alpaca’s hair which uses the twisted loop stitch. The stitch is exactly the same. The only difference from the older video is that for the Alpaca I have you knit the two stitches together through the back loops as the final step. It's all described in the pattern for you. Click here to see the video for the curly hair stitch!
The Kit Includes:
- Home Worsted Weight in Picket Fence (white) for the Alpaca along with mini-skeins of Red Flannel (red), Humble Gold (yellow) and Marmalade (orange) for the blanket. You get enough yarn to make one Alpaca and blanket.
- A Ravelry download code for the Alpaca pattern. This will be included on a printed card inside of your kit.
- A pair of 9mm safety eyes with backings.
- A cut length of black cotton thread for face embroidery.
- Your kit will come packed in a printed cotton bag.