Birkin Sweater Kit
Birkin is one of the most stunning colorwork sweaters to come along in awhile. Designer Caitlin Hunter has a way with color and texture that is such a treat, and her Birkin sweater showcases her unique style to a T.
You are going to love knitting this sweater in our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight. The finished sweater is light as a feather and so wearable.
From Susan: My Birkin sweater is made in size M, which has a 40-inch bust. My bust measurement is 36-inches so there are about 4-inches of positive ease in the finished sweater. The only modification I made was to lengthen the sleeves. I didn't need any additional skeins to make the long sleeves. This is by far one of my most favorite knits!
Yarn amount note: For the XL size, the kit comes with the exact yardage amount recommended in the pattern. If this is a concern for you, please order the XXL size as that will give you an extra skein.
From Caitlin Hunter on Ravelry:
"The sweater is knit seamlessly in the round from the top down and the body is gently shaped into an A-line by changing needle sizes. The yoke design features a border of a delicate leaf pattern, which encases a 3-color floral motif and optional bobbles to provide subtle textural interest. The sweater has 3/4 length sleeves and a dropped back hem for a modern look.
Recommended ease: 1–5” (2.5–13 cm) of positive ease."
The Kit Includes:
- Enough skeins for your selected size in the Oats colorway of our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight.
- Four half-skeins in the Wild Plum, Hazelnut, Laurel and Penny colorways in our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering Weight.
- A printed sheet showing how Susan used the colors.
- An optional Ravelry download code for the Birkin pattern by Caitlin Hunter.
- The kit comes packed in a hand-stamped cotton project bag.