We have reworked our Elfje Mini-Kits and brought them back for the cold months ahead. This time around the pattern is included with the kit for free (we just got the copyright back), and we are going with smaller Mini-Kits! I absolutely love these little elves so much. They are fun to knit and fun to give.
Here is my pattern introduction with the explanation for the name and design inception:
"I have wanted to make this winter-season pixie for several years now and I am thrilled to finally do so here. My daughter has a friend from Amsterdam and at the inception of this project idea, I asked him how to say elf in Dutch. He told me Elfje means little elf or pixie in Dutch, said like Elf-ya. I loved the name immediately. I also love this lanky elf and for some reason every time you knit one it turns out to have a different personality. You’ll see what I mean. Be careful because knitting an Elfje is addicting and you may have to make more than one.”
The adorable and funny Elfje is about 9.5-inches in height from the tip of the pointy boot to the top of the pointy hat. The project is worked seamlessly from the top down.
The Elfje Mini-Kit is just adorable! Here’s what’s included:
* Woolens in Door County (red) and Loam (dark heathered gray), and your choice of either Snowbound (creamy white), Birdie (blush pink), Toast (tan), or Earthen (brown). There is enough yarn to make several Elfje dolls by switching around the colors.
* The pattern is included for free with the kit! The pattern comes as a printed Ravelry download code on a card inside the kit bag.
* Two linen/cotton scarves, one red, one natural, be sure to scrunch and crinkle it up before tying it around the neck of your little elf.
* A cut length of candy cane baker’s twine for making hanging loops if you’d like.
* It all comes packed in a printed cotton project bag with an illustrated tag by Susan.
Important Shipping Note: The Elfje Mini-Kits will begin shipping on October 28th, 2022.