Last winter I had a fun and funny thing happen. I was having a blast cutting, ironing, and folding these no-sew fabric stars for gifts. I had a viral video on Instagram and it wasn’t about knitting. It was super fun to see the comments and views go up, up, up!
You can watch my viral video by clicking right here. This video has received well over a million views.
I made a second video on the stars that you can watch by clicking right here. This video included a few more details included.
These videos are good to watch if making no-sew fabric stars sounds interesting to you!
I had watched some tutorials on YouTube for making fabric stars, there are so many, but really the main one I watched was from one of my faves, Kate of The Last Homely House. Click here to see Kate’s wonderful video. It is titled Fabric Stars.
Here is another video I enjoyed on the topic, click here.
I hope you are interested in making some fabric stars with me this year. They are so much fun and really make the sweetest handmade gifts. I can’t think of a better gift for friends and loved ones, acquaintances, teachers, or anyone who makes life a little better for you and others.
Important Star Points to Consider:
The stars require NO SEWING.
They are created by folding and tucking in ends.
It is a repetitive project, easy to learn and to memorize.
Things you will need:
An iron and ironing surface or ironing board.
A small pair of fabric scissors with a sharp point for cutting and tucking in ends.
A needle to pull the hanging loop through the fabric.
Spray starch is optional. I used it to make mine but it isn’t required.
Included in the Fabric Stars Kit:
* Enough Liberty by Riley Blake, A Woodland Christmas fabric to make one 4.5-inch star, measured from point to point. The fabric will be cut into the correct size strips to make the star. You will get a mixture of prints. The fabric is 100% quilting cotton.
Fabric Note: Susan will curate the fabric combinations for you. If you feel strongly about not getting one of the prints shown in the photo below and on the kit page please leave a note on your order. We will do our best to accommodate but we can't promise. Otherwise, it will be a surprise!
* One printed instruction booklet by Susan.
* An exclusive video tutorial link will be sent to you via email. Make sure you include your email address with your order so you get the link.
* An option to add additional star kits (no booklet) to your order at a discounted price of $10 per additional star.
* A cut length of red DMC cotton floss to make a hanging loop for your star.
* This will be packed in a printed cotton bag with an illustrated tag by Susan. The booklet will be inside your mailing envelope.
I hope you enjoy this slight deviation from knitting. It is really a fun project to make. Once you make one, you’ll want to make 20 more. I ran out of people to give all of the stars I made last year. Round two is coming up this year!