I’ve wanted to make a larger-sized lop-eared bunny for the longest time, and I’m so pleased with how the Happy Bunny turned out. It couldn’t be cuter! I love this chunky-style toy made with our bulky weight yarn, Home Bulky Twist. The Happy Bunny is worked seamlessly and cleverly, starting with the head and working on down. The knitting goes fairly quickly with the larger needles and heavier-weight yarn and the finished bunny is a really snuggly character in the end. Happy Bunny is the perfect companion for Waffles Puppy, another of my patterns, if interested.
The pattern is chock-full of clear tutorial photos and an exclusive video tutorial to help you along the way.
The design name came to me as they often do while I’m working away and adding different elements. When I added the little pink nose and the tiny embroidered smile I couldn’t stop thinking about what a happy bunny I have made. Thus, Happy Bunny it is. Nothing too complicated here.
Included in the Happy Bunny Kit:
* Enough of our Home Bulky Twist to make one bunny and one sweater and hat set. You have a choice between four bunny yarn colorways, Picket Fence Twist (creamy white), Folkstone Twist (gray and cream), Tattersall Twist (tan and cream), or Licorice Twist (black and cream). And you have three colorway choices for the cardigan and hat set, Peppermint Stick Twist (red and white), Bluff Twist (blue and white), or Red Flannel Twist (red and black).
Please note: The marled bunny made in Folkstone Twist doesn’t show up as well in the photos but I guarantee that it is super cute in person if you’re interested in the marled yarns for the bunny.
Also, please note that the Bunny color yarn will come in two skeins.
* Optional buttons can be added to your kit. We have three choices of handcrafted artisanal wooden buttons, dark round, heart-shaped, or medium round. These buttons are incredibly beautiful, like little pieces of art, made lovingly by our friends at Wooly Moss Roots. I highly recommend them if you are able.
* The black thread and pink yarn for the face embroidery.
* One set of 6mm safety eyes.
* The pattern is included for FREE with the kit. The pattern comes as a downloadable Ravelry pattern code. The code is printed on a card found inside of the kit bag.
* The kit is packed in a printed/stamped cotton project bag with a tag illustrated by Susan.
I hope you love this toy-knitting experience as much as I did. I really think you’re going to love it.