Please note that for the Mini-Moose Kits, we are using our latest shipment of Home Fingering Weight which has a slightly uneven twist so the kit will be discounted. No code is needed, the discounted price will be set at checkout. Please look at the swatches photo for an example of how this yarn knits up. It's absolutely beautiful! All sales are final.
We are proud to be introducing new buttons, Rustic Round Buttons, these are charming buttons that are handcrafted by Wooly Moss Roots. Best of all they are less expensive than our previous buttons. We have these on order now and we will have them in a few weeks. If you include the buttons with your kit, we will hold the kit until we receive the button order.
So here we go! Here is all of the information you’ll need about the Mini-Moose Kits.
If you know me, you know that I love taking a project and redoing it on a new and often smaller scale or with new different colors. I’ve done it once again with our lovable Moose pattern!
The Mini-Moose is completely adorable, even cuter than the original if that’s possible. The Mini-Moose sits at 6 inches tall when seated to the top point of the antlers and is knit in our Home Fingering Weight yarn. There are a couple of differences from the original Moose in that the arms and legs are only in the Bear (brown) colorway and the hoodie cardigan is knit in one color only, our perfect Red Flannel colorway.
Brand new! We are so excited to feature our new Rustic custom-made artisan Round Buttons made by our friends at Wooly Moss Roots. The Rustic Round Buttons measure in at a sweet 1/2-inch, perfect for smaller projects. The best thing is that they are less expensive but every bit as warm and beautiful. I can’t recommend these thoughtfully handcrafted buttons any higher. If you are able, please give them a try, you won’t be disappointed and they really elevate any project. The buttons are an optional add-on when purchasing your kit.
The Mini-Moose is seriously the cutest and the red jacket gives off a wintery or even holiday feel. It’s all incredibly charming, it’s hard to even explain. I know you’ll enjoy this pocket-size adaptation of the original Moose project and kit. And together the two, big and small Moose (the plural of Moose is simply Moose!), make the cutest pair ever.
The Mini-Moose Kit includes:
- Enough Home Fingering Weight in Bear, Acorn, and Red Flannel to make one Mini-Moose, one Pine Sweater and one Hoodie Cardigan. The forest green yarn for the pine tree colorwork is our Woolen Spun Sport weight. This yarn will work fine for the colorwork used along with our Home Fingering which is on the heavier side.
- Patterns for both the Moose and the Hoodie Cardigan (which is included in the Moose: The Winter Set pattern) are included with the kit for FREE, and come as Ravelry download codes printed on cards found inside the kit bag.
- A printed sheet from Susan with instructions on how to make the Mini-Moose using the original patterns but with the Home Fingering Weight yarn, new gauge, measurements, and needle sizes.
- One set of safety eyes and black thread for embroidery.
- An optional card with three artisan Rustic Round Buttons, custom-made just for us by Wooly Moss Roots.
- All items are packed in a printed cotton project bag with an original Mini-Moose tag illustrated by Susan.