Some Pig Kits are back! The last time we had this kit available, a couple of years ago, we ran out of the Home Worsted in the Priscilla (pink) colorway so fast. Priscilla is used in the sample in the photos. This time we have plenty of the Priscilla and we also have plenty of the Strawflower (blush pink) kit option.
I love this project so much and I hope you will, too.
Some Pig, which is about 17 inches in length, is an enjoyable, fairly simple toy to knit.
You start the seamlessly knit pig at the back end working in the round and leaving purl bump markers for the legs, arms, and ears as you go. The legs arms and ears are picked up and worked on to the body and head. The tail is picked up and worked in I-cord. The sweater is worked separately and seamlessly from the top-down.
Included in the Some Pig Kit:
* Enough Home Worsted in either the Priscilla (pink) or the Strawflower (light blush) colorway to make one pig.
* Enough of the Home Worsted in the Grassland (lovely green) colorway to make one Flower Sweater.
* Optional add-in: Home Bulky Twist in either the Bluff Twist or the Peppermint Stick colorways if you want to knit an extra sweater (instructions are included for both sweaters in the pattern).
* The pattern is included for FREE with the kit in the form of a Ravelry download code on a printed card found in the kit bag. You don’t have to be a member of Ravelry to use the code.
* A cut length of our Woolens yarn in the Inkwell colorway for the face embroidery and a square of pink wool felt for the nose.
* The kit comes packed in a printed cotton project bag with a tag illustrated by Susan.
You’ll need some stuffing, knitting needles, and some pink sewing thread and needle to stitch the nose on.
It’s a beautifully fun kit! And might I suggest that, if at all possible, you knit both the Sleepy Polar Bear and Some Pig? Both of the toys have been sitting in my studio together, side by side, and they are nothing short of adorable with each other.